The Sector67 monthly meeting was held February 3rd
1. Bob presented an edge lit display that lights up when he receives a notification from Reddit.
Built on the Spark Core, it connects over WiFi every minute and checks the Reddit API for new messages, then the LEDs “breathe” when he receives a notification
2. Next Xavier gave a presentation on a prototype for a digital table top gaming system
Using a mounted camera, projector and OpenCV, a checkerboard pattern is projected and then calibrated through the camera to create a playing surface where blank shapes are placed and once recognized an image is projected to the shape
3. Jim created a prototype for a cord reel designed to unravel as you pull and uses no slip rings which degrades signals and cause wear issues
The handle is selective laser sintered “SLS” stainless steel
4. Doug, an Army veteran, embroidered a replacement of a patch he had lost while serving in Afghanistan
5.Marty and Robin, a brother and sister team called Lumen Electronic Jewelry, showed off some electronics-inspired blinking jewelry.
6. Brian explained his plan for using RaspberryPi and Screenly displays at the Iron pour to provide visual information for attendees. Chris described the process for casting iron, as well as providing information about the Iron Pour