The third annual Startup Weekend Madison event returns the weekend of April 4-6, 2014. Startup Weekend is a 54-hour event where developers, designers, marketers, product managers, and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups.
(Use promotion code “Sector67″ to save $25 off your registration! “student” to save $50 – bring your ID to the door) Here’s some of what’s in store:
- Food: Enjoy 7 delicious catered meals throughout weekend.
- Speakers: Hear from Henry Schwartz, Co-Founder of the crowd-sourced brewery MobCraft as well as Kelda Roys, Founder of the real estate tech startup OpenHomes.
- Mentors: Get advice from experienced entrepreneurs and service providers who will be there to help.
- Connect: Meet other entrepreneurs of all levels and skill sets.
- Fun (and Educational!): You’ll have a great time, and learn a ton over the weekend.
Startup Weekend is a true risk-free environment and a great opportunity for both new and seasoned entrepreneurs to gain valuable entrepreneurial experiences and put their unique skill sets to use, meet great people, and have fun. The last 2 events brought together 100 people for a weekend to work on some exciting projects. People of all different backgrounds and with all different skills are encouraged to participate. Organizing partners for the event include Capital Entrepreneurs, Sector67, The Doyenne Group, UW-Madison, MATC, Edgewood College, and Madworks Coworking. Sponsors include Google, Neider & Boucher, American Family Insurance, WEDC, gener8tor, Earthling Interactive, Fine Point Consulting, and University Research Park.