What’s going on in Sector67 right now!
Interested in stopping out? Please check the calendar to see if we’re open or call 608-241-4605 to see if someone is willing to give a tour.
Sector67 is a Community Workspace / Hackerspace / Makerspace / Collaborative Environment in Madison, WI dedicated to providing members the opportunity to work on tomorrow’s technology; to build, collaborate, learn, and teach about next generation devices.
Artist? Engineer? Programmer? Sculpturer? Tinkerer? Hobbiest? RC Enthusiast? Maker? Builder? Prototyper? Business Person? Thinker? Visionary? Entertainer? Designer? Writer? Hacker? – We’d like to give you a place to work and discover new ideas.
We have a little over 8500 square feet at 2100 Winnebago St (Atwood Neighborhood on the near east side), feel free to stop out during hours posted on the calendar or call 608-241-4605 to see if anyone is here. Full memberships are 100/month, 50/month for college students. This membership gives you access to the space, tools, and equipment you’ve been trained to use. We offer a la carte classes for more sophisticated equipment like welders, mills, lathes, 3D printers; and require a shop safety/orientation class to keep the insurance companies happy and you safe. Most classes are (roughly) flat rate 20/hour.
This tour is from 2012 (A lot has changed since then, but it gives you a good idea nonetheless).
Looking for a great environment to launch your business? Sector67 is leasing desk space in a shared office environment for 200/month (cost includes a membership) for a 7′ x 7′ dedicated workspace. We also have 4′ dedicated desks for 150/month (cost includes a membership). Amenities include parking, “land line” telephone, wired/wireless internet, access to a conference room, business mailing address, over 320 square feet of whiteboard, full workshop/machine shop access, and the potential to collaborate with other Sector67 members to get your business moving forward. Contact us to set up a tour and to learn more about the benefits of working from Sector67.
Yes, we do have co-working space available anywhere in the shop or meeting spaces. We offer first come, first serve day-to-day workspace whenever key-carrying full members are present. Co-working membership includes internet access and the opportunity to pull up a seat where space is available; cost is currently 30/month and requires automatic payment (ACH, bill pay, or PayPal) – please contact us if you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity.
We have lots of equipment, it’s not all listed here.
- Thermal Dynamics Dynapack 110 plasma cutter that can cut up to 3/8″ metal
- Acetylene torch, including brazing, cutting, micro heads
- Major/minor oxy-propane torch
- Air-Acetylene torch
- HFT flux core MIG welder
- Miller 175 MIG welder with low duty cycle aluminum spool gun
- PowCon 300st DC TIG welder with watercooled torch and stick welding handle
- Miller AC/DC TIG welder with watercooled torch and stick welding handle
- Gingery drill press mounted injection molder
- Boy 50T automatic plastic injection molder
- Vacuum former
- Plastic Welder
- Sand blaster
- Drill Presses
- CNC Lathe with LinuxCNC stepper controls
- CNC Mills, Webb Champ 4 mill with LinuxCNC 3 axis and 4 axis CNC servo controls
- Air Compressors
- Miter Saw
- Jacks and jack stands, 3 sets of stands and 2 jacks
- Abrasive 14″ chop saw
- Overhead hoist
- 5.5kg payload 6 axis robot welding arms
- Engine hoist
- Jet 13″ swing 36″ bed lathe
- High speed spindle engraving mill with LinuxCNC stepper controls
- Automotive lift
- Scroll Saws
- 12″ Miter Saws
- 4′ x 8′ CNC Panel Router with LinuxCNC stepper controls
- 25″ x 36″ x 5″ Stinger I CNC router
- Biscuit (plate) joiner
- Doweling jigs
- Mortising machine
- 10″ 3HP Saw Stop industrial saw
- Table router
- Lots of bar clamps
- Palm sanders
- Jet 12″ Jointer/Planer
- Grizzly Drum/Flap Sander
- Laguna 14″ bandsaw
- Dust collectors
- 3D Printing:
- Makerbot Replicator
- 3 x Flashforge Replicator clone
- Makerbot Thing-o-matic
- Two Makerbot Cupcake CNC
- Custom built giant 3D printer
- RepRap Mendel Platform
- ZCorp Z406 powder printer
- [SOLD]ZCorp Z510 powder printer
- Usually a few other printers floating around
- Three dual channel 100MHz oscilloscopes
- Four channel 300MHz oscilloscope
- High speed spindle circuit board engraving mill with LinuxCNC stepper controls
- Rigol DS1052E two channel digital storage oscilloscope enabled to 100MHz
- Saleae Logic Analyzer
- Soldering Equipment – SMT and through-hole
- Circuit board etching, either cupric chloride or mechanical engraving (most common now) or send them to Seeedstudio
- Function Generators
- Lots of sorted but uninventoried components, good luck
- Bench power supplies
- Sewing machines, industrial machine that eats leather and a couple of regular machines
- Pottery wheel
- Silk screening equipment, we have a bare four station press
We have some metal/plastic/wood stock, an organized selection of a wide range of hardware, tons of electronics components (including LCD screens, Arduinos, LEDs, etc.), discarded commercial and industrial equipment to be repurposed, and lots of consumer products including giant boxes of wall-warts, power cords, DB9/DB25 cables, USB cables, ethernet cables, etc. Materials are avaiable to members at cost of our acquisition, non-members at a mark-up.