It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Mailing List Post:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 am 

If you missed the announcement sent out via the announcement list:

Hello,

Being the zeroth ever Sector67 announcement, welcome to the list :-) Two things to announce:

Sector67 was entered in the UW-Madison Burrill business plan competition and will present tomorrow (Friday, April 23rd) at 1:15pm in the Plenary room of the Grainger Building - corner of Park and University. The top prize is $10,000 so wish me luck!

Secondly, the next Sector67 meeting will be May 4th again at the Engineering Centers Building likely in the basement, there shouldn't be as much activity as there was last time. If you have something cool to demonstrate or would like to give a 5 minute talk on anything let me know (team@sector67.com) and I'll put together an official meeting agenda :-)

Hope to see you at the next meeting or on the forum soon!

Post subject: Re: Mailing List Post:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 am 

I took the liberty of adding the event to the Makezine calendar as well, so anyone who subscribes to the make blog should get a notice in the weekly "This week in maker events" post.

Post subject: Re: Mailing List Post:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 am 

Message #01 [formatting got ignored in the e-mail :-(]:

Sector67 ended up in 2nd place ($7000) in the Burrill business plan competition, you can see the presentations online/etc here:
http://www.bus.wisc.edu/burrill/

Winning 1st or 2nd in the Burrill automatically enters the plan into the WI Governor's competition:
http://www.govsbizplancontest.com/

Other news, we'll be having our second meeting next Tuesday, May 4th at 7pm again in the Engineering Centers Building basement area (1550 Engineering Dr, free parking adjacent to the building in the ramp). I'll have signs up so it should be very easy to find the meeting as long as you can find the building.

So far we have Dave giving a talk about his Arduino powered temperature alert system, I should be able to convince Andrew to give us a overview of precision GPS systems and what all is involved in making them tick. I'll give an update in where Sector67 is at and what I'm working on to continue to move it along towards a physical working space.

Sorry for the long message :-), hope to see you at the meeting!

Chris

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]