It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Random Stuff Next Meeting
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 pm 

Hey, we have a scrap pile at work and sometimes decent stuff gets thrown away. I am bringing some of it to the next meeting for all that are interested. Stuff includes:

some puck style encoders, I believe they are 30ppr and require a shaft or 10/32 screw through their middle to spin the device they are on. If they are a hit, there are a bunch more I could possibly get a hold of.

some low power transformers. Real low power, like 2VA power, but could be useful

a box of samtec pin headers. About 1" height, looks like 100mil spacing, does contain lead (that's why they were thrown away)

a box of neon light indicators. Supposedly runs on 220v, not sure how useful they will be. I can get another box if anyone is interested.

Hopefully I get the okay to bring a box of stuff every month. This stuff is stuff that we don't get scrap cash for so I'm fine giving that away. Would be nice to bring in some of our fried drives and unuseable heatsinks for people to part out though.

Post subject: Re: Random Stuff Next Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44 pm 

I'd definitely be interested in one of the 220V neon indicator lights. I'm working on a 240V control box for the kilns, and having an indicator light would be handy.

Thanks!

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 pm 

Might not make it depending on the blizzard. Might be able to stop by on saturday if I can't on tuesday. I will also have some large pots (physical size) pots. Not sure of their value, haven't had time to look up the number or meter them yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:02 pm 

99% chance I won't be coming tonight, but I'll find a way to drop off the stuff. Got the okay to "donate" more scrapped stuff. Once its off the books it doesn't matter what happens to it. Word on the street is there are some DC motors in the back, I'll have to check a few out. If I do get some, I'm sure they will be demagged and such as they were used as test motors. I'm sure they will still come in handy for some projects.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]