It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Introductions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:25 pm 

Hi my name is Aaron and am 25 years old living in Sun Prairie with my brother. I graduated from UW-Platteville in 2008 with a major in Industrial Technology Management emphasizing in Manufacturing Technology Management and a minor in Industrial Control Systems Technology. Since then I have done 2 years of AmeriCorps NCCC based out of Sacramento and Denver. From it I have also gotten two education awards and looking into going back to a tech school to refresh my skills learned. I have been a big fan of the make magazine and just working with my hands. While in school I got to work with composites, metal, electronics and etc...and one of my fondest moment was working on a wind generator as a class project. Currently I reside in an apartment so not a good place to make a big project and my current work situation has me working alot. So I'm hoping to join with memberships and all so I can use the tools and or attend some refresher classes on my knowledge that this place can offer. Else wise just belonging to a community that shares my interests and is local is a good start to...;)

Post subject: Re: Introductions!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:37 pm 

60 Works wrote:
Hi folks,
:)
Dave

Following up on my original post, here's the website for my company: http://www.60works.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 am 

Hello, my name is Jeff. I run my own technology consulting company (PCs and networking), and have been in the field for over 20 years. I've been wanting to get to a meeting, but unfortunately Tuesday evenings are really bad for me. Actually, pretty much any evening is not so good. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you on a weekend when the shop is open.

My interests... Let's say it depends when you talk to me. I have a tendency to get interested in something, dive very deeply into it, then move on to the next shiny object. It's not that I lose interest, it's just that something else happens to come along that interests me more. I'll move back and forth from hobby to hobby quite a bit. I'm into woodworking, home brewing, electronics (circuit board layout with Eagle is by far my favorite part), making chainmail and some light programming.

Chris gave me a tour of the shop yesterday, and I can safely say I desperately want to learn to use every piece of equipment there. I can also see areas where I could help out in teaching a class or two.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm 

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to Sector 67 this day before my 65th birthday. I have been addicted to building things since I was a kid in the 1950s, reading Popular Mechanics. After spending thirty years as a furniture and cabinet maker on the east side of Madison and working at the UW in online education, I am launching myself as an artist of decorative boxes. (http:turnerwinfield.com)

I also have been doing web design as an online educator. Over the past two years I have been teaching myself CAD design using a program called VCarve and Aspire. I have just got my second bench top CNC to do a range of inlay design work.

I also tinker a lot with odds and ends.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm 

wwinfield wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Bill

Bill - you do wonderful work! Do you accept commissions for custom work?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 pm 

Thanks,
After many years of custom work, I'm trying to follow my own muse. I might do some custom later
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 am 

Hey everyone,
My name is tyler and I had my first project completed today at sector 67. Thanks for the help chris!

I'm real big into hardware modding gaming consoles. Looking to learn with a few others on surface mount gpu/cpu removal and reballing. i have a bunch of gear already that I can share with the group.

Looking to learn more about electronics and just hone my solder/reballing skills in.

:ugeek:

Tyler aka alter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm 

Hi there!

My name's Rob. I'm a computer programmer, I'm 27, and I've lived in Madison for most of my life. I've been working with simpler electronics for about 15 years, and embedded systems/microcontrollers for about 5. I've recently been working on some custom USB devices, specifically in the line of DMX-512 and MIDI controllers, and a couple Flight Sim control panels.

My background is more in software than hardware. I recently got a Computer Science degree down in Florida, and as of last month I'm back up in Madison and ready to go! I'm currently looking for a job, but I still help out at the DJ shop MC Audio down on University Ave(stop in anytime and say whatup!).

Look forward to stopping by and checking out all the neat stuff I've been hearing about all these months online!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 am 

Bitty wrote:
My interests... Let's say it depends when you talk to me. I have a tendency to get interested in something, dive very deeply into it, then move on to the next shiny object. It's not that I lose interest, it's just that something else happens to come along that interests me more. I'll move back and forth from hobby to hobby quite a bit.

Yes. This. A million times this. FWIW, Jeff, I believe the term is "Renaissance Souls." That is, we love to keep moving and have no trouble at all jumping from one project to the next. We want to learn everything. I'm exactly the same way.

Hello, all. I'm Shane and I'm a part of the Milwaukee Makerspace. I'll be moving to MADison in a year or so to get my degrees (which may vary, depending on when you talk to me). I've got my GIS certificate and am looking to go farther in that direction so I'll be aiming for (ultimately) my Master's in GIS/Cartography from the UW. I've been told that the real money is in specialization, so I just have to decide in what direction to take the GIS. Botany is my first choice, but it's not very practical.

Anyways, I'm a planner. I love to design things but, until joining the Milwaukee Makerspace, I had no outlet for my plans...just endless dreams of what I'd like to do if I could. The Makerspace has opened up whole worlds to me which, afore now, were simply hazy, in-the-distance ideas.

I'm looking forward to joining Sector 67 when I move. Perhaps I'll be able to clear out the cobwebs and give the ol' potting wheel a spin....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 pm 

Hi folks,

I am interested in aquaponics, arduino development, home solar, database development/management, & gardening and the development of new skills and techniques to perfect these interests. :D

I would love to connect with anyone working on projects in these areas.

Best,

Jake

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next