It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: S67 Union Social Meeting - 07/14/2010
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:31 am 

Hello,

There's been a lot of interest to meet someplace beyond the basement of the engineering building :-) In that spirit, we'll be having an unstructured social meeting at the Wisconsin Union Terrace this Wednesday July 14th at 6pm. If you've never been there you're in for a treat, during the summer it's nice place to sit down and have a beverage or two next to the lake.

Below is a nice map to get to the terrace (C). Unfortunately Park street is currently completely blocked due to construction just north of Johnson street, so you have to take a minor detour east and up Lake St. Three places to park, either at E or D which is metered parking owned by UW, there's a good chance there will be parking on a Wednesday night - UNFORTUNATELY, if there isn't parking you have to go back down Park street, then west on University a block and then south back to East on Johnson street to get back to the parking ramp (F) you just drove by on the way there because of the construction. So, if you want guaranteed parking and a short walk park at F, if you want close and cheaper park at D or E. Parking in the ramp is $1.25/hour, $0.75/hour for motorcycles.

I'll have a large S67 sign at the union so you shouldn't have any trouble spotting us, LED's are cheap and I haven't broken out the Arduino in a while - with any luck we'll have a nice large blinky sign but no guarantees. Union sells beer, yes, I have a student ID and can buy you beer if you're a non-union member; and the first 4 pitchers are on me :-)

Again - Terrace on Wednesday, July 14th 6pm-? (I'll be there until 9pm at least, so feel free to stop by late)

Attachments:
Union_Map.png
Union_Map.png [ 407.98 KiB | Viewed 1908 times ]

Post subject: Re: S67 Union Social Meeting - 07/14/2010
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:05 pm 

City street parking meters are free after 6 PM but not the ones the university has in their lots.

Post subject: Re: S67 Union Social Meeting - 07/14/2010
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am 

Thanks to everyone who made it, we ended up with 11 people swinging by over 3 hours, and no rain!

Larry got his Arduino up and running reading temperature while we were there :-) I brought blinky lights and a sign, but not combined as advertised, something to work on for the next meeting!

Attachments:
File comment: Meeting Picture
DSC09798.JPG
DSC09798.JPG [ 430.05 KiB | Viewed 1818 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]