It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: UW Student Opportunity - MTV Sofware Competition
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

My name is Zach Ivins and I am a member of Madison's University Affairs committee. We are beginning to work on a campaign through MTV's "Get Schooled" competition, which is a project being co-founded by Bill & Melinda Gates. The project is asking for current or future college students to think of “innovative digital tools,” (such as interactive websites, video games, widgets, mobile apps, etc.), which will help college students obtain more information about grants, scholarships, and other types of financial aid. University Affairs committee is looking for students to help submit a project for this competition. The top three proposals will work with Frog Design to create their project, which will then be posted on MTV's website. If our project gets the most votes, you will be awarded $100,000 to work with MTV and develop your digital tool proposal along with donating $10,000.
Would this be something your organization would be interested working on? It is a great opportunity to give back to the university and get hands on experience, not to mention an amazing add to your resume. We are also looking to contract the creation and upkeep of a new ASM website (http://www.asm.wisc.edu/) to any students interested. If either of these initiatives interest you, please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Zachary M. Ivins
Student Council Representative

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]