It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Makerspace and fair in rural Lomira library
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 am 

Would any of you be interested in showing off your projects? We're hosting a week-long Make Lomira extravaganza to kick of our teensy library makerspace. Please join us.

I am hoping to get volunteers for the following:
Monday evening: someone able to teach soldering on those little MAKE robot pins. Also some people willing to set up displays to remain in the library for the week of stuff they have made or tools they use.
Perhaps sometime during the week during the day, willing to demo stuff for school visits.
Saturday: at least 3 people who are willing to commit to being at a makerfair to show off their stuff. Someone to teach how to make brushbots. Perhaps someone to demo the 3d printer. Other artists, hobbyists to demo their craft.

I think this will be incredibly fun and cool--get people in a rural community who may not have seen some of the digitally-mediated creativity happening now.

Tentative date is April 1-6, but this can be pushed back if no one can come that week. Commitment needed (as annoying as it is) so I can be sure the event can really happen and start marketing it! I hope to see some Madison makers here, to spread the creative love to rural communities.

--shannon barniskis

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]