It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: #28 - Sector67 Announcements 02/22/11
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 am 

Hello,

Announcements:

Request for Parts:
We're seeking a few pieces to finish off our 10 seat classroom that will be used for classes/events, we're in need of:

* (7) Hard drives - IDE or SATA, >30GB
* (6) Broken LCD monitors, we like fixing them!
* (10) Mice and Keyboards, right now we're rocking PS2 ball mice so anything is an upgrade
* (2) HP JetDirect cards so we have a working laser printer

Tear Apart Night:
We have a pile of dead laser printers and a pair of manual transmissions sitting in the space ready to get torn apart. We'd like to have some younger folks by to disassemble the printers and anyone interested to swing out for a day of transmission destruction. If interested let us know via e-mail.

Upcoming Events:
Circuit Bending with CMKT 4 - Saturday 2/26 5pm-8pm
CMKT 4 is driving all the way up from Dekalb to teach a workshop about circuit bending. If you're unfamilar with circuit bending take a look online. I really hope there's more than 2 people who show up!
The circuit-bent rock group CMKT 4 is coming to town and they have designed a workshop to familiarize students with some of the general skills and concepts involved in circuit-bending. Students will start by building a simple tool with CMKT 4, a Bending Buddy, that will help everyone learn how to solder, drill plastic, mount components, and work with hot glue - these are all essential circuit-bending skills. Students' Bending Buddies will aide in their exploration of battery-operated circuits. - More information and to register.

Board Game Night - Saturday 2/26 2pm-5pm
Kid Friendly Event
Bring out your favorite board game and your best skills, we'll be playing:

* Battle Star Galactica
* Lord of the Rings
* Shadows over Camelot
* Bang
* Dominion
* Race for the Galaxy
* Fact or Crap
* Life
* Operation

Anything else you want to bring (BYOB)!

Monthly Meeting - 03/01 - 7pm
Another meeting coming up soon! We'll have a presentation on locks and how they function, perhaps a demonstration of the Hackaday pingpong clock, if you have something you'd like to discuss let me know and we'll get you on the list.

MadHackerHaus 2 - 03/16-20
Following the successful MadHackerHaus 1 we'll be hosting another round of software hackery. yes, if anything we'll have a functional router and maybe a wider pipe. http://madhackerhaus.info/ Information and registration will eventually be online here.

Classes - All Week - Posted Sundays
Classes are posted for this week, take a look.

Questions/comments/complaints always welcome.

Chris
PS: Use the IRC chat if you're wondering if anyone is out at 2100 - or call 608-241-4605 anytime
Lastly, sign up on the discussion list for more interaction: Link to Sector67 Google Group page

Post subject: Re: #28 - Sector67 Announcements 02/22/11
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:46 pm 

I'm good for at least one jetdirect card... turns out all the new stuff we're getting in comes with them built in. I'll see what I have sitting around.

Also interested in the lock demo. I have a cutaway mortise cylinder that I can bring in, but I've always wanted to build a huge one for demo purposes. If there's any interest in doing something like this, I'm game.

Post subject: Re: #28 - Sector67 Announcements 02/22/11
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 pm 

Can't make it today :-/ But will be at the meeting. Also, I found some blank boards you can use for smt classes.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]