It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Need ATTiny
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:20 pm 

Looking for an ATTiny2313 20Pin Dip for my dev board. I am meeting a guy about a project later this week and I noticed the ATTiny that I tossed on the dev board from sparkfun does not work. I ordered more and they are on the way but I didn't know sparkfun was super slow (apparently several days can pass before something ships). Had I known this, I would have gone the DK or Mouser route and not paid extra for faster shipping :-/

Post subject: Re: Need ATTiny
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:06 pm 

Nvm, my work stocks the ATTiny2313 so I bought one from here. The best part? The micro wasn't the problem. I couldn't get the damn thing to program so I looked at the datasheet of the dev board. Apparently they use a 10k pullup to vcc and some supervisory reset circuit. When I looked at the board, there was a 1k pullup, now we usually use a 6.8k pullup resistor, so 1k seemed a bit high, and I think my STK500 couldn't pull down the reset line correctly to program it because of probably because of a combination of the reset supervisor and the strong pullup. I cut off the reset supervisor and replaced the 1k with a 6.8k and now it works fine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]