It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Introductions!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

Hey folks,

Just a quick hello while I'm on my "lunch break" :)
My name is Dylan and I'm a .Net developer here in madison. I live in beaver dam and commute over to the west side for work (ughh!) I found your site from a buddy of mine who just attended your last monthly meeting and made it over to your recent lock picking class. So about myself.. I'm big into knowledge! I love to program and have found a nice little groove in asp.net / C#. In my spare time I just finished my first Windows Phone 7 app and plan on expanding upon that little venture in the future. I love gadgets and am often daydreaming about creating something handy, whether just for myself or whatever. I look forward to making it over for some upcomming classes and if anyone ever wants to talk programming or windows apps with me I'll be glad to chat. I host my own little blog which has some programmy stuff on it at www.blogbydylan.com. Look forward to meeting yall!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am 

Hello everyone!

My name's Aaron and I live in Mount Horeb. I'm an office administrator by trade, but I have a degree in Computer Information Systems and am working towards an associates in Electrical Engineering Technology at MATC (currently in my Sophomore year). I'd have to say I'm a jack-of-all-trades though, I love to tinker on just about anything that comes my way. My hobbies include woodworking, electronics, desktop computer support, programming, camping, papercraft, canoeing, gaming, hunting, fishing, home improvement, lighting and lots more!

I graduated in 2002 from UW-P with a CIS and Bus. Admin degree and have been working in business related fields ever since. I loved programming and software development, but got kinda burnt out during school. I still do some minor coding, but most of it now is focused around embedded programming. Although I've loved tinkering with electronics for years, I finally took the jump and went back to school. My wife actually got me into it, she's big into hula-hooping (yeah...it's an interesting hobby) and after purchasing her first LED hula-hoop for $200, I knew I could make one myself for 1/10th the cost. After about 4 months of research I finally produced my first product. It was so good all her friends wanted me to make them. The basic ones I built were fine, but wanted more :) I quickly found loved working with electronics but I lacked the electronics know-how , so I enrolled at MATC and have loved it every since! I even have a site up now where I sell them as a hobby business that helps me pay for my other projects.

With my programming background I quickly excelled at embedded programming. The entire concept of microchips absolutely fascinates me! Since I'm in the night program at MATC, I'm only capable of taking 1-2 classes/semester, so my advancement is slow. I easily excel at all my classes too. Even though I'm new to it all, I find that I'm easily way ahead of all my classmates. I try finding personal projects to do that helps advance my skill, but I'm horrible when it comes to personal direction. I bounce all over the place (typical ADHD kind of personality). Here's some of the misc. projects I've done already.

I would really like to get involved in a hackerspace like this though. I feel it can help give me some direction by getting involved with some of the group projects as well as help advance my knowledge by learning from everyone else. Since I'm married, full-time job and taking classes, it's hard to say if/when I'd have time, but I'm hoping I can get involved on some level.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm 

Hi; my name is Adam. I live in Milwaukee, and I do software development for a credit union.

I heard about Sector 67 from someone at the Madison SQL Server users group when I checked it out a while back; I don't remember who it was. I am curious about creativity of all kinds, and I do have programming skills if anyone needs a programmer. Most of my current work is in .NET, but I have a passion for open source, and I want to keep myself agile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 pm 

Hello,

My name is Phil Vanasse and I am a senior at the UW madison. My friend Micheal and I are taking on a project to build a camera track set up, that has motorized and computational components that will control the pan, tilt and track of a camera or video camera. This project is essentially like the ones outlined on these websites:https://sites.google.com/site/raspilapse/ and http://davidhunt.ie/?p=2822 .

We have built the track and a cart but have failed to build any of the mechanical components despite acquiring a raspberry pi and an ardunio uno for the project. I will attach a few photos that might give a better feel of the set up and progress. Is this the right forum to go about looking for help for something like that?

Attachments:
20130429_193855.jpg
20130429_193855.jpg [ 162.13 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 pm 

Hello,

Found Sector 67 in the November issue of Madison Magazine, and this looks like the place to be!

My name is Joe Bochar, and I build electric guitars, overdrive pedals, and all sorts of other things guitar. I recently (ie: 1 year ago) moved to Monroe after spending 15 years in Los Angeles, and am looking forward to visiting the 67 building in the near future.

Here are a few images of what I build. The model is called the Supertone. All of the wood components are milled by me from planks (no parts and/or outsourcing), the truss rods are machined & assembled by family members & myself, and basically it's a one-man operation from first cut to final polish (yep... paint, too). I also have a U.S. patent on the neck joint (modified mortise & tenon design)... blah blah blah... here are the pics!

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some people. Thanks.
-Joe

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3