COME AND PICK UP HEARTS IF YOU’RE INTERESTED – we’ll have limited availability the day of the event. Carved heart tiles must be returned by 11AM on Saturday February 7th to be poured. Hours for pickup are posted on the calendar/hours above.
FeLion Studios and Sector67 are proud to announce our 4th annual partnership on a community iron pour, taking place on February 7th at Sector67:
You can purchase heart molds online now and pick them up; or pay cash or check when you pick them up – we have two hearts for $30 which can be customized to your liking and forever cast into iron:
- Mold modification is messy, so lay the mold on a cardboard box or plastic bag to dispose of the excess sand.
- Remember to draw everything backwards, it’s a mold, not a finished product, so everything will be reversed when it’s poured!
- Sharpie your design first and carve following your lines
- Use any pointy implement you’d like but we’d advise against using any power tools as they can create dust that you don’t want to inhale (AKA: wear a mask with power tool work)
- Return your molds a few days before the pour up until EARLY the morning of the pour
Special new opportunity for this year – Alisa will be hosting an advanced mold making class at her studio, more information is available here and they’ll be partnered with the Madison Children’s Museum for two days (including an adult swim evening). Make sure you sign up for these opportunities if you’re interested as space will be limited.
Even if you aren’t interested in making your own cast iron artwork, please join us for music, great company, and a fun spectacle while the iron is poured:
Here’s some cool videos/pictures from prior years as well: