FeLion Studios and Sector67 are proud to announce our 7th annual partnership on a community iron pour, taking place on February 11th at Sector67 – you can RSVP on Facebook here
You can purchase heart moulds online now and pick them up; or pay cash or check when you pick them up – we have two hearts for $30 which can be customized to your liking and forever cast into iron:
- Mould modification is messy, so lay the mould on a cardboard box or plastic bag to dispose of the excess sand.
- Remember to draw everything backwards, it’s a mould, not a finished product, so everything will be reversed when it’s poured!
- Sharpie your design first and carve following your lines
- Use any pointy implement you’d like but we’d advise against using any power tools as they can create dust that you don’t want to inhale (AKA: wear a mask with power tool work)
- Return your moulds a few days before the pour up until EARLY the morning of the pour (late turn ins will be turned away this year – SORRY!)
Even if you aren’t interested in making your own cast iron artwork, please join us for music, great company, and a fun spectacle while the iron is poured:
Here’s some cool videos/pictures from prior years as well: