WISC-TV News 3 aired a segment on StartingBlock Madison. You can view the segment at channel3000.com
On September 2, Mayor Paul Soglin released the City of Madison’s 2015 Executive Capital Budget. The City’s proposed budget includes a commitment of $1.5 million for a new initiative planned by StartingBlock Madison, Inc. to create an entrepreneurial hub and ecosystem to help Madison’s entrepreneurs succeed.With additional support from American Family Insurance, who have pledged a major investment, StartingBlock Madison Inc. plans to build a 50,000 square foot entrepreneurial hub in the heart of Madison’s Capitol East District where entrepreneurs, investors, advisors, and community members can connect, share innovative ideas, and create next-generation businesses.
About StartingBlock Madison: Starting Block Madison (SBM) is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurism, education and economic growth in the Madison region. SBM’s origins date back to 2012 when a group of entrepreneurs and technology and civic leaders began to pursue the idea of a single location that offered the critical components needed by entrepreneurs to start and grow businesses, create jobs and stimulate the regional economy. In late 2013, the group officially formed StartingBlock Madison, Inc. as a Wisconsin non-stock corporation.
The entrepreneurial hub will provide the space and resources needed to get started, literally finding the “starting blocks” needed for success:
- Affordable, flexible office and co-working space
- Peer networking and mentoring
- Access to peers, mentors, investment and professional advisers (sponsors)
- Accelerator programs (i.e. gener8tor)
- Collaboration, meeting and conference space
- Educational programming, workshops and community building events
- Sector67 community maker/hackerspace
- Home for Capitol Entrepreneurs, a 300 member organization of founders/leaders of Madison area start-ups.
We need your support to raise the remaining funds to begin construction by the end of 2015. Please contact us using the “contact us” link at the top right if you’re interested in supporting this project and we’ll get you in touch with ways to help.