FeLion Studios and Sector67 are proud to announce our 3rd partnership on a community iron pour, taking place on February 8th at Sector67. Please stop out anytime until the 8th to purchase your very own iron molds and have poured as part of the event (you can also stop in first thing in the morning on the 8th and carve a mold):
We have two hearts for $25 or a tile pattern for $20 (limited quantities are available so please stop in to pick them up if you’re interested!), both of which can be customized to your liking and forever cast into iron:
- Mold modification is messy, so lay the mold on a cardboard box or plastic bag to dispose of the excess sand.
- Remember to draw everything backwards, it’s a mold, not a finished product, so everything will be reversed when it’s poured!
- Sharpie your design first and carve following your lines
- Use any pointy implement you’d like but we’d advise against using any power tools as they can create dust that you don’t want to inhale (AKA: wear a mask with power tool work)
- Return your molds a few days before the pour up until EARLY the morning of the pour
Even if you aren’t interested in making your own cast iron artwork, please join us for music, great company, and a fun spectacle while the iron is poured:
Here’s some cool videos/pictures from prior years as well: