FeLion Studios and Sector67 are proud to announce our 2nd annual community iron pour, taking place on February 9th at Sector67. Please stop out anytime until the 9th to purchase your very own iron molds and have poured as part of the event.
We have two hearts for $30 or a tessellation pattern for $25 (limited quantities are available so please stop in to pick them up if you’re interested!), both of which can be customized to your liking and forever cast into iron:
Creating your own heart is easy, you can modify any aspect of the mold:
Just remember a few rules:
- Mold modification is messy, so lay the mold on a cardboard box or plastic bag to dispose of the excess sand.
- Remember to draw everything backwards, it’s a mold, not a finished product, so everything will be reversed when it’s poured!
- Sharpie your design first and carve following your lines
- Use any pointy implement you’d like but we’d advise against using any power tools as they can create dust that you don’t want to inhale
- Return your molds a few days before the pour up until EARLY the morning of the pour
Even if you aren’t interested in making your own cast iron artwork, please join us for music, great company, and a fun spectacle while the iron is poured: